RE: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Looking for exotic wood's.

  • Mike King
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011

      http://www.eisenbrandhardwoods.com/

      They are in Torrance.  Pretty good selection of wood, prices aren’t bad and great customer service.

      Miguel

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011

        You can also check    woodfinder.com   They have a huge directory

        > Where are you located? I deal with a dozen or so exotic dealers all over
        > the country
        >

        > Miguel

      • Ralph
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011
          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Dais" <darksoulzero3@...> wrote:

          > I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?

          Woodfinder is my general "go to" source. But I layer that with "shipping wood is a killer" and try to find sources I can drive to from that.

          Just this week I picked up some B Rosewood, Sapele, Purple Heart, Claro Walnut and Tulipwood (all cut-offs). Along with the 8/4 Cherry I went there for. All from a place that is about 60 miles away. If I had to pay shipping on that the price would have at least doubled.

          Ralg
          AnTir
        • Sorsha MacGregor, Barber-Surgeon
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22, 2011
            You might wish to give these good people a look. Marvelous pieces of all manner of sizes. Some even cut to size.

            http://www.forgottenwoods.net/

            Cheers,