RE: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for exotic wood's.

  • D. Young
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011

      How do you define exotic?

      You mean like european oak dressed in a thong?

      There are places online that sell.

           Custom Commissions Welcome....!

      www.partsandtechnical.com

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: the_spanishpeacock@...
      Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:39:49 -0400
      Subject: RE: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for exotic wood's.

      Where are you located?  I deal with a dozen or so exotic dealers all over the country

      Miguel

      I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?

    • Dais
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011
        In cali.

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Mike King" <the_spanishpeacock@...> wrote:

        > Where are you located? I deal with a dozen or so exotic dealers all over
        > the country
        >

        > Miguel

      • Mike King
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011

          http://www.eisenbrandhardwoods.com/

          They are in Torrance.  Pretty good selection of wood, prices aren’t bad and great customer service.

          Miguel

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011

            You can also check    woodfinder.com   They have a huge directory

            > Where are you located? I deal with a dozen or so exotic dealers all over
            > the country
            >

            > Miguel

          • Ralph
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011
              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Dais" <darksoulzero3@...> wrote:

              > I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?

              Woodfinder is my general "go to" source. But I layer that with "shipping wood is a killer" and try to find sources I can drive to from that.

              Just this week I picked up some B Rosewood, Sapele, Purple Heart, Claro Walnut and Tulipwood (all cut-offs). Along with the 8/4 Cherry I went there for. All from a place that is about 60 miles away. If I had to pay shipping on that the price would have at least doubled.

              Ralg
              AnTir
            • Sorsha MacGregor, Barber-Surgeon
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2011
                You might wish to give these good people a look. Marvelous pieces of all manner of sizes. Some even cut to size.

                http://www.forgottenwoods.net/

                Cheers,