Looking for exotic wood's.

  • Dais
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
      I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?
    • Mike King
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011

        Where are you located?  I deal with a dozen or so exotic dealers all over the country

        Miguel

        I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?

      • D. Young
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011

          How do you define exotic?

          You mean like european oak dressed in a thong?

          There are places online that sell.

               Custom Commissions Welcome....!

          www.partsandtechnical.com

          To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
          From: the_spanishpeacock@...
          Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:39:49 -0400
          Subject: RE: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for exotic wood's.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011
            In cali.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011

              http://www.eisenbrandhardwoods.com/

              They are in Torrance.  Pretty good selection of wood, prices aren’t bad and great customer service.

              Miguel

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011

                You can also check    woodfinder.com   They have a huge directory

                > Where are you located? I deal with a dozen or so exotic dealers all over
                > the country
                >

                > Miguel

              • Ralph
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 19, 2011
                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Dais" <darksoulzero3@...> wrote:

                  > I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?

                  Woodfinder is my general "go to" source. But I layer that with "shipping wood is a killer" and try to find sources I can drive to from that.

                  Just this week I picked up some B Rosewood, Sapele, Purple Heart, Claro Walnut and Tulipwood (all cut-offs). Along with the 8/4 Cherry I went there for. All from a place that is about 60 miles away. If I had to pay shipping on that the price would have at least doubled.

                  Ralg
                  AnTir
                • Sorsha MacGregor, Barber-Surgeon
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 22, 2011
                    You might wish to give these good people a look. Marvelous pieces of all manner of sizes. Some even cut to size.

                    http://www.forgottenwoods.net/

                    Cheers,