Periode butter churn

  • jason
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2011
      Would anyone have information on how to build a periode butter churn. I am not a woodworker (that is a skill I really do not have) but a friend of mine is. He is willing if I can get the reaserch. If anyone has some that would be fantastic.

      Jason
    • D. Young
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2011

        Youre in luck Jason.

        I have a 16th-18th century butter churn from Europe.    I also own an 18th century coopered barrel with lathe hoops.

        I also make coopered items from buckets to tankards using lathe/branches in the pre 19th century style.

        I believe Ive posted a picture or two in the group photos....hunt around.  If not I can give you more info.

        cheers
        Drew

             Custom Commissions Welcome....!

        www.partsandtechnical.com

        To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
        From: jjasoneeric@...
        Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:51:20 +0000
        Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Periode butter churn

      • jjasoneeric@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2011
          How much for a butter churn that would hold about 2 liters of cream?

          From: jjasoneeric@...
          Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:51:20 +0000