Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Just an Intro and few question

  • Karl Christoffers
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2011

      I want to second Fritz's review of Veritas tools. And I wanted to at least suggest eBay for used Lie-Nielsen or Veritas tools. Having lost a number of auctions over the last year or so, I note that L-N/V tools sell for 80%-90% of retail. Assuming you have the scratch to buy one, you should be able to use the tool until you decide whether you like it or not. And if you don't like it, re-sell it for just about what you paid for it. Cheap rental for a year or two.

      -Malcolm

      --- On Fri, 3/11/11, Fritz Wilhelm <gene.eisele@...> wrote:

      On the subject of new hand tools, I have to put in a word for Lee Valley's Veritas line. Though, not as cheap as you might find on Craig's List, they about half the price of Lie-Neilsen. ($145 for a low angle block plane). They are really nice users, right out of the box and show a lot of attention to the details that matter for functionality.

      Gene "Fritz" Eisele
      Owner, Fritz Wilhelm, LLC
      welldressedtent.com