Middle eastern table

  • mary_ostler
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
      Hello All,

      I am thinking about trying to make a version of a Turkish table that's in the V&A museum. Unfortunately the only pictures of this table on the V&A site show the outside. I wonder if any one's wide and vast reading they have come across any images or descriptions of the under side of this table.

      http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O9197/table/

      I know of numerous ways I could go about and make a table that would look like this, but I would rather use the actual construction methods if I can.

      Any help is appreciated
      Cheers
      Mary Ostler
    • Dan Baker

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
          Mary, I would love to know what you find out about this. Looks like a great project and my wife (who is into turkish persona big time) is already coveting this eye candy.

          Duncan Sinclair (MKA: Chris Anderson)
          Shire of Qal 'at Ja'far
          and
          The Barony of Sternfeld
          Middle Kingdom

          Greenwood #514, F&AM

        • jjasoneeric@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
            Have you tried writing to the V&A and asked them?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
              I have not tried writting to the curator as of yet.That is my last kick at the can. I have had very little luck with museum and curators, and find it depressing writing to them as I will most likely never hear back.

              Thanks anyways.

              Cheers
              Colleen/Mary