Re: [MedievalSawdust] Wood to use to be period???... What do you think

  • Trevor Payne
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 3, 2011
      I think it depends on what you are wanting to accomplish.  Are you trying to reproduce a period piece?  If so, your focus is trying to do it how they did it with what they used, material and tool wise.

      If your focus is just build item(s) from the period, then your focus is on the actual look and feel of the piece. Not on material and tools.  In this case, using non period materials and tools are not a detriment to your focus.  In the previous example, using non period tools and materials are a detriment.

      Aiden

      "Those who beat their swords into plowshares plow for those who didn't"
      --Benjamin Franklin--

      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 12, 2011
        Kat,

        I contacted Gary, and he reloaded the site. All should be good now. In spite of it's being a bit dated, I still consider this to be one of the best sources on medieval woodworking and tools.

        Jeff/Geoff