library?

  • lorderec
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
      hey, if you had 3 hours in a world-class library, what would you look for? (wood-wise, that is)
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
        Actually I like the one in Grand Rapids, MI.  once the furniture capital of the country, they have pretty much any furniture book you can find.  In a environmentally controlled room.  I can go in, and they lock me in until I summon someone to let me out.  Books can not go out, but digital cameras and laptops are ok inside.  Although no bags, coats, or anything else you can hide a book in.  Since my specialty is furniture, that works great for me

        -Rhys

        --
        ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
      • AqA WyrdWynd
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
          cubby hole to stash snaks reading light and my self, so i cand spend all night inther

          hey, if you had 3 hours in a world-class library, what would you look for?  (wood-wise, that is)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • jjasoneeric@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
            Floor plans of periode buildings, and periode furnature books.

            cubby hole to stash snaks reading light and my self, so i cand spend all night inther

            hey, if you had 3 hours in a world-class library, what would you look for?  (wood-wise, that is)

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
                medievalsawdust-ful lfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Thylacine
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
              On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 7:18 AM, <jjasoneeric@...> wrote:

              Floor plans of periode buildings, and periode furnature books.

              .
              Amen to those, They are truly my ideal books as well.

              Thylacine

            • lorderec
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2011
                do such things exist? i've got a copy of The English Mediaeval House by margaret wood, but what else is there?