Re: [medievalsawdust] Roy Underhill

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30 9:33 AM
      Working on a coffer chair right now....
      for a thank you gift.

      Conal

      I've got soooo much to get done by
      Pennsic

      --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
      > Cool I have his books. Great man to learn something
      > about hand tools.
      >
      > Hey Conal, how's the secret project going?

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30 12:23 PM
        tell me about it. I am doing a gift of a viking bed right now. I should be
        out in the garage sanding, but, I took a break.

        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm

        Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        ...Take time to dance in the rain...

        Message 3 of 10 , May 21, 2002
          Hi all,
          We've been kinda quiet lately...

          I've been working on some ideas for
          a combat crossbow, and thinking about
          this year's campbed ( four poster style )

          Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
          Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
          at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
          a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
          of his books for me. ( and a picture
          with me squinting into the sun )

          They are looking for someone to head
          up the project for the building of a
          blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
          a little experience in timberframing
          and a bit more free time. I've put my
          name on the list of those to call once
          they start building it though....

          Conal

          LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
          http://launch.yahoo.com
        • Dan Baker
          Message 4 of 10 , May 22, 2002
            Nice, sounds like fun.

            Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?

            Message 5 of 10 , May 22, 2002
              ROY!...  awww, cool.   He was down in St.Louis a while back.  Didn't get to see him there either, darn.  ;-)   Some people have all the luck...

              Message 6 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                Yes,
                I'm bringing the loom...

                Conal

                --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
                > Nice, sounds like fun.
                >
                > Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?
                >

                > >Hi all,
                > > We've been kinda quiet lately...
                > >
                > >I've been working on some ideas for
                > >a combat crossbow, and thinking about
                > >this year's campbed ( four poster style )
                > >
                > > Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                > >Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                > >at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                > >a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                > >of his books for me. ( and a picture
                > >with me squinting into the sun )
                > >
                > > They are looking for someone to head
                > >up the project for the building of a
                > >blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
                > >a little experience in timberframing
                > >and a bit more free time. I've put my
                > >name on the list of those to call once
                > >they start building it though....
                > >

                > > Conal

                > >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                > >http://launch.yahoo.com
                > ><< underhill9.jpg >>
                >

                > --
                > YIS,
                >
                > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
                > Privateer to the Midrealm
                >
                > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
                > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

                LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                http://launch.yahoo.com
              • Scott Lane
                Message 7 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                    Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                  Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                  at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                  a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                  of his books for me. ( and a picture
                  with me squinting into the sun )

                           Hmmm, Chrisophe was supposed to let me know when he was going to be in town...

                  Aodhfin
                • Dan Baker
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 23, 2002
                    Very cool, I look forward to seeing it. It's only a 9 hour drive for me,
                    thought we would just day-trip it.......