RE: [MedievalSawdust] Fw: [New post] even more to read

  • D. Young
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2011

      Really its not post period at all ......

      We have a tendency to limit ourselves to strict envelope of dates  (ie 1400-1500) which is really not wise because the vast majority of the techniques used until the latter 19th century were still highly relevant to medieval work.

      I have learned volumes of things from reading Peter Follansbees 17th century early american furniture blog....he naturally has to research 17th and 16th century English and European pieces as well, so by studying him, we are studying late medieval/renaissance pieces too.

      The tools dont change much.   The  wood doenst change much.     Mortise and tenons, hand forged nails, etc...dont change much.

      The blood, sweat and tears dont change much.

           Custom Commissions Welcome....!

      www.partsandtechnical.com

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: duncansinclair@...
      Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:22:52 -0800
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Fw: [New post] even more to read

      This is post period, but woodworking is woodworking right? very interesting blog(s).....

      Duncan Sinclair (MKA: Chris Anderson)
      Shire of Qal 'at Ja'far
      and
      The Barony of Sternfeld
      Middle Kingdom

      Greenwood #514, F&AM

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2011
        Point well taken!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2011
          AND THUS I ADD TO MY VINDICATION OF MY PRE AND EARLY COLONIAL AMERICANNA  DECORE OF MY HOUSE, sca DECORE AND GEAR FITS NICELY

          dang fribben frackin caps key....