Wooden box

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      I'm rather fond of the Watco Danish oil in various colors. Other than that, check out American Woodworker Magazine at the library. About 2 issues ago, they had a wonderful article on finishing pine to make it look like the pine furniture from the colonial era, I.e. that nice rich deep brown tone. It doesn't look hard as much as time consuming. It should work wonderfully for what you're looking to do. It would also not cover up your carvings. I think I'd opt for the Watco danish oils in a medium walnut tint, but then again I'm too impatient to wait for one coat to dry before applying another one. I want my wood dark and I want it now! LOL

      Brian Broadaxe