Re: [MedievalSawdust] New Project

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
      That is the one

      -Rhys

      On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM, jay sabath <LordJohannes@...> wrote:

      Bill,

      England, circa 1570.

      check here for direct information.
      http://www.marhamchurchantiques.com/antique/elizabethan-oak-board-chest

      --
      Lord Johannes Machiavelli
      Canton of Rokkehealden
      Barony of Ayreton
      Kingdom of the Middle

      On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Bill McNutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:

      Rhys –

      Do you have specific dates and a culture for this particular chest?  German?  Norse?  English?

      From: LordRhys@...
      Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:28:53 -0500
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] New Project

      this should be fun.  I have acquired information on dozens for actual pieces
      of period furniture ranging from chests to bed to tables, etc, I intend to
      create plans to build each item.  Rather then research that chests of a
      type, or other items were commonly made a particular way.  I will be just
      making a copy of one particular example.  So that others can make or adapt
      them to fit their needs.

      First on the list a 6 board scarf jointed chest.  I am not aware of any
      other examples of the joint.  Cool looking. http://flic.kr/p/99wZkV

      I am making plans for an exact copy, and an adaption to hold a propane tank
      and torch for lighting at a Pennsic hafla. The torch burns off a bowl at the
      end of a pipe.  A pair of these chests will be painted in Turkish style for
      the hafla.

      -Rhys

      --

      --