Re: [MedievalSawdust] Question for woodcarvers

  • AqA WyrdWynd
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
      roflmao...pets sfe please thens use a fixtive laquer by deco to seal, after drying poly spray it< matte finish

      From: Hall, Hayward <hallh@...>
      To: "medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com" <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, January 10, 2011, 10:57 PM

      I can only find straight hamsters that can hum a bit… will they still work?

      From: Laura Iseman <laurai@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, January 10, 2011, 7:06 PM

      I use the old primary school method of colouring in the back of my design with 4B pencil and then tracing over the design to leave a pencil mark on the wood. I did use carbon paper once, but the carbon ink stained the wood and was very hard to remove. If your wood is very clean and softish you can omit the pencil on the back and just press hard with a ball point or a stylus which will leave a visible dent in the wood.

      Miriam

      On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Barbara <tiger@...> wrote:

      --
      David "Volk'abe" Mc.
      Nullum beneficium inpune stat.

    • Duncan Sinclair
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
        You could possibly try iron on transfer paper designed hor ink jet printers. Not sure how well it would work, but if it works on T-shirts.....

        Duncan Sinclair (MKA: Chris Anderson)
        Shire of Qal 'at Ja'far
        and
        The Barony of Sternfeld
        Middle Kingdom

        Greenwood #514, F&AM

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011

            You can also still find old-school carbon paper.   You just have to hunt.