RE: [MedievalSawdust] Makiing Game Boards

  • Hall, Hayward
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2010
      When I did mine, after a bit of experimenting, I found that 1" increments worked well without being crowded, if you're using pieces about the size of a marble. I put one on the back of a Hnefatafl board. Next time I would go with flat bottomed pieces instead of gouging out holes for marbles. There are some interesting pieces here http://www.time-lines.co.uk/viking-gaming-pieces-5147-0.html, although some are a stretch for game pieces -- more likely weights.

      http://www.medievalocity.com/ImageDisp.asp?img=27

      Guillaume