Roman wood turnings

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2010
      I was watching Jimmy Clews' video set, "Turn it On" this afternoon. A special feature on Disc 2 was a tour of the museum at the Roman fort at Vindolanda. Items included two turned wooden boxes with snap fit lids, and two needle cases with covers. I know how to turn them with my power lathe and a chuck, but now I have to consider how to make them with my spring-pole lathe. It was fun to see stuff I learned to make a few years ago appear almost unchanged from ones turned in 85 ad.

      Bayard