Re: [MedievalSawdust] cost of shop electricity

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 15, 2010
      Not to throw in a 'me too'. But ... yeah, I can't see how a little shop
      work could add $100 to an electric bill. My computers eat up more
      power than an hour+ in the shop does. And that's with 220V tablesaw,
      220v dust collector, and who knows what else running semi-constantly.

      Siegfried
    • Royce
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 15, 2010

        And if you want to go the investigative route in the shop, you can always pick up a device called Kill-a-watt.  It’s a device you plug into the wall outlet and then plug your electronic device into it and it will tell you what it’s drawing.  More or less.  I see them at radio shack personally.   $100 bucks is a lot agreed.

        Bercilak