No-Subject, or Funky Web-sites (was Re: [MedievalSawdust] )

  • W. Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2010
      Yeah, I didn't even try. After the first one came up, I arbitrarily adopted the policy of eye "no-subject" emails dubiously.

      I mean, honestly - every once in a while somebody forgets a subject, but for the most part we're all pretty good at putting it in, right? Makes it easier for those of us who think "I remember reading about X, now where was it?" (When you're old, the first thing to go is the mind - the second is...is...uh...)

      So I tentatively open the email. Now, if it were one of us sending it, it'd usually be accompanied by some comment like "Off-topic, but really cool use of wood" or something like that. *Some* kind of explanation, not just a bare link. A link by itself is kinda hinckey. NOT the kind of thing the good Nobles of the list would send, without saying "why" they sent it.

      No Subject: line, bare link? Hello, delete button. :-)

      While I'm at it, I'd like to thank everyone on the list for being such good and considerate Netizens, using silly things like the subject line and explanations, snipping, etc. I'm on a couple of lists that people neglect to do that. Sometimes they'll get on a diatribe and write a 20K (text) email, and someone will reply to it only to say "Me too!" - and include the entire 20K rant! Out of all the lists I'm on, this is probably the one I appreciate the most. Thank you all, most sincerely, for making it so pleasant.

      Wolf
      AKA Lee