Re: New, and with ignorance aplenty,and with a sketch Q

  • frode_kettilsson
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 10, 2010
      I posted a sketch in a album named "Frode's musings" of simple bench with a strap holding the work piece. Is this a correct interpretation of the description below?
      Thanks,
      Frode

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, conradh@... wrote:

      ...A primitive possible shave horse
      > ancestor is a simple bench, straddled by the worker like a shave horse. A
      > leather strap or rope has a stirrup-style loop at each end, and goes over
      > the work. The work is pinned down to the bench in front of the worker by
      > his feet in the loops. Add a raised platform for the work in front of the
      > operator, which is easy and obviously useful, and only the foot lever has
      > to be added to invent the shave horse...
      >

      > Ulfhedinn

    • Royce
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 15, 2010

        And if you want to go the investigative route in the shop, you can always pick up a device called Kill-a-watt.  It’s a device you plug into the wall outlet and then plug your electronic device into it and it will tell you what it’s drawing.  More or less.  I see them at radio shack personally.   $100 bucks is a lot agreed.

        Bercilak