Re: Looking for cost effective hybrid/cabinet table saws

  • William
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9 7:58 PM
      Sean,
      I purchased a Rigid Table saw from HD 3 years ago that is a shop saw. Metal stand with retractable wheels but I do not see it on the HD website right now. IT was about $500 and came highly recommended. I found it to ahve a better fence than ANY of the Craftsman saws in the same range from Sears. It came out of the box within .003 of true and I figured that if I tried to fix that I'd make it worse. I found that the belt runs very quietly and the blade that came with it was not too bad. I am very happy with it for the money I spent. I found it...It is a TS3650 10" table saw. Good luck on your choice.

      Valentine

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "sean14powell" <powell.sean@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Long story short I'm giving away my trusty craftman table-top table-saw and looking to upgrade. I need something with a larger work surface, preferably with a steel deck but a decent sized aluminum one would work, a reliable fence and ideally T-slot for the miter gage so I can mount feater boards. All of these features are things my old craftsman didn't have or did poorly.
      >
      > I had mentally budgeted $450-500 as that was probably 3X what I paid for the old saw. I took a walk through Woodcrafters and talked with some people and went into sticker shock. Really, I just can't afford $2,500 for any tool that gets used 6-8 weekends a year.
      >
      > I'm looking for recomendations for brands and companies. I know that Grizzley and Jet make lower end hybrid/cabinet saws. They are still a bit pricey, especially if the Grizzley needs to be delivered someplace with a loading dock. :/ I may be pushed into the higher end contractor models but most of them spend a lot of money on portability that is really counter-productive to what I intend to use it for.
      >
      > Any recomendations or suggestion? Also, anyone here frequent any tool forums that regularly review products like these? I'm comfortable waiting several months for close-outs and good deals but I don't know where to wait and listen.
      >
      > Thanks much in advance!
      > Sean

    • Andronikos
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15 2:57 AM
        unless you have a requirement for a new saw, rather than just new to you, i would look at craigslist- you should be able to find something in your price range that will work for you with minimal or no refurbishment necessary

        Kurtis