Re: New, and with ignorance aplenty

  • frode_kettilsson
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 7, 2010
      Erik,
      Sounds interesting, though as a noob, I'm having a little trouble seeing it in my head. Got a sketch, perchance?
      Thanks,
      Frode

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "erik_mage" <dragonwyck@...> wrote:

      > I like this subject. Reading brought to mind a dumb idea. Shave down one side of a log. bend a 2" wide band of steel over the log then insert a bolt throught he log. A big stirup as such. The foot rest weld a square tubing on. I think that would be period for construction techniques. at least before the 16th centry. Correct me if it has been done already.
      > ERIK

    • Royce
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 15, 2010

        And if you want to go the investigative route in the shop, you can always pick up a device called Kill-a-watt.  It’s a device you plug into the wall outlet and then plug your electronic device into it and it will tell you what it’s drawing.  More or less.  I see them at radio shack personally.   $100 bucks is a lot agreed.

        Bercilak