Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: Digest Number 50

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2002

      ;-)   .... and the marshmallows they toasted over the fire on it were roughly the size of small elephants (species unknown)...  (-;  ... AND... they were toasted by aliens from alpha-whatever!!!

      Avery makes a good point.   There are some things where physical evidence on the piece can lead to "educated guesses" that may be provable (or at least tested in such a way that the possibility cannot be eliminated) by experimental archeology...  the caution here is ensuring that what you see is really what you see and that your conclusion can be provable.

      Like totin' stargazer chairs...  repeated experience validates Avery's observation that, although they are damned comfortable and elegantly simple to make and use...  totin' them over any distance can test one's determination...  unless you've been partying... in which case you might just elect to say... "Heck... totin' is harder than buildin....   I think I'll just leave this one here and go build another one..."  ;-)