Re: [MedievalSawdust] Cynagua Thrones

  • Jim Looper
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010

      Wow... Just: Wow...

      Sincerely,

      Lucien

      I do not count as a credible source.

      --- On Tue, 9/7/10, klausvmainz <adamjh@...> wrote:

      From: klausvmainz <adamjh@...>
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Cynagua Thrones
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 7:53 PM

      Hello,

      I don't post very often, but I finished this project a couple of months ago and thought some of you might find it of interest:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/herr_klaus/

      The project was a pair of thrones for the Principality of Cynagua in the West Kingdom made out of quarter-sawn white oak. The design was based on 15th century thrones of state with a mix of gothic tracery and linenfold design motifs. The Principality shields were carved separately and glued into place. The intent was to create a pair of thrones that could hopefully compliment the West kingdom thrones design-wise when placed next to them.

      Each throne breaks down into 5 parts and 4 wedges. Overall height is 54" IIRC.

      Thanks,
      Klaus

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
        Wow, Klaus.

        Your work continues to impress. You are an inspiration to local, and now global, artisans.

        In Service to the Dream,
        Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
        Ashgrove, Barony of Altavia, Caid