Re: [MedievalSawdust] linen fold chest-details

  • Electric Wolf
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010
      ((Sorry, had to be said))

      Ah, Government work.  :D

      On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Bill McNutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:

      True – labor was cheap relative to materials, and both were cheap relatives to tools you could not make yourself.

      But product that’s not finished is product not out the door, no matter what period you’re looking at.

      Of course, far be it from me to undermine the motivating power of human laziness.  My ideal world involves me sitting at home while people send me checks for zero effort.

      Will

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010

        Of course, far be it from me to undermine the motivating power of human laziness.  My ideal world involves me sitting at home while people send me checks for zero effort.

        Will

        Well.... you could see if they can just put money into your account.... I mean you have to walk to the mail box, walk back, open the envelopes, go the the bank, write out a deposit slip, total the checks...... there must be a simpler way.....

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010

          Oddly – no.  I’m IN government work.  And they insist that I show up to sit on my butt and be unproductive.

          They won’t let me telecommute and sit on my butt and be unproductive.

          Will

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010

            Oh, direct deposit helps.  But I still have to go to this “job” thing, where, occasionally, I do “work.”