Re: Cynagua Thrones

  • klausvmainz
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
      Thanks Jeff,

      From what I've heard, they were very well received. Unfortunately I wasn't able to deliver them myself to see them off..

      take care,
      -Klaus

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Johnson <jljonsn@...> wrote:

      > Holy. Crap.
      >
      > Speechless. This is the nicest piece of work I've seen done for any SCA
      > application. If the muckety's in the principality don't appreciate it, to
      > the core of their beings, I vow to hurt them.
      >
      > Jeff/Geoff.
      >
      > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM, klausvmainz <adamjh@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I don't post very often, but I finished this project a couple of months ago
      > > and thought some of you might find it of interest:
      > >
      > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/herr_klaus/
      > >
      > > The project was a pair of thrones for the Principality of Cynagua in the
      > > West Kingdom made out of quarter-sawn white oak. The design was based on
      > > 15th century thrones of state with a mix of gothic tracery and linenfold
      > > design motifs. The Principality shields were carved separately and glued
      > > into place. The intent was to create a pair of thrones that could hopefully
      > > compliment the West kingdom thrones design-wise when placed next to them.
      > >
      > > Each throne breaks down into 5 parts and 4 wedges. Overall height is 54"
      > > IIRC.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Klaus

    • B Gr
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
        that is absolutely Lovely.  makes me wish i could have just one chair like that.
        johannette

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
          very impressive

        • Jim Looper
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010

            Wow... Just: Wow...

            Sincerely,

            Lucien

            I do not count as a credible source.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
              Wow, Klaus.

              Your work continues to impress. You are an inspiration to local, and now global, artisans.

              In Service to the Dream,
              Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
              Ashgrove, Barony of Altavia, Caid