Re: Cynagua Thrones

  • klausvmainz
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
      Yep. Those are the ones. Male portion on the ends of the linenfold frames and the female portion on the legs..

      -K

      > > That was the bit that got me 8-> Steel bed rails as in the corner joints
      > used for beds? Hook bit on one part and holes on the other? Clever.
      >
      > Thanks for that,
    • klausvmainz
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
        Thanks Jeff,

        From what I've heard, they were very well received. Unfortunately I wasn't able to deliver them myself to see them off..

        take care,
        -Klaus

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Johnson <jljonsn@...> wrote:

        > Holy. Crap.
        >
        > Speechless. This is the nicest piece of work I've seen done for any SCA
        > application. If the muckety's in the principality don't appreciate it, to
        > the core of their beings, I vow to hurt them.
        >
        > Jeff/Geoff.
        >
        > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM, klausvmainz <adamjh@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I don't post very often, but I finished this project a couple of months ago
        > > and thought some of you might find it of interest:
        > >
        > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/herr_klaus/
        > >
        > > The project was a pair of thrones for the Principality of Cynagua in the
        > > West Kingdom made out of quarter-sawn white oak. The design was based on
        > > 15th century thrones of state with a mix of gothic tracery and linenfold
        > > design motifs. The Principality shields were carved separately and glued
        > > into place. The intent was to create a pair of thrones that could hopefully
        > > compliment the West kingdom thrones design-wise when placed next to them.
        > >
        > > Each throne breaks down into 5 parts and 4 wedges. Overall height is 54"
        > > IIRC.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Klaus

      • B Gr
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
          that is absolutely Lovely.  makes me wish i could have just one chair like that.
          johannette

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
            very impressive

          • Jim Looper
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010

              Wow... Just: Wow...

              Sincerely,

              Lucien

              I do not count as a credible source.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                Wow, Klaus.

                Your work continues to impress. You are an inspiration to local, and now global, artisans.

                In Service to the Dream,
                Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
                Ashgrove, Barony of Altavia, Caid