Real Wood

  • lorderec
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2010
      Well i just bought my first plank of white oak, 1/2 inch thick, 0+wide and about 8 feet long!!

      amazing how much different it is than the cokie-utter-krap from home despot. There's some splits in the end, and two garrish knotholes in inconvienient spots in the middle. To deal with this i've made paper cutouts of all the pieces, to arrange, rearrange and resize, till i can get my writing slope out of the plank. fun stuff!