Re: [MedievalSawdust] Design Software Suggestion??

  • Megan Shogren
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
      I have, but I would prefer to avoid having steps up into the booth.  A 6" ledge could be bridged with a relatively short ramp, and someone with a cane or crutches (or hoop skirts!) could negotiate it reasonably well even without, but 2-3 actual steps would be quite another matter.  My degree is in interior design, so I tend to think about not just physical access but visual- something with a wide, open, ground-level entryway is far more inviting for the casual passer-by to enter than a narrow entry with steps.   That's one reason I insisted on the extra money to make our tent with 7' walls- the shorter tent walls (and thus lower dagging) shut off sight lines into the booth for most people, and nobody wants to have to duck through doorways.  The SCA seems to skew toward taller-than-average men.

      Now what would be really cool is if I could figure out how to make a pop-up second story to be really medieval and sleep above our shop... perhaps pull-down attic-stairs along with hydraulic jacks in each corner between the second story floor joists and the roof, with the finished effect being something like the step-back Tudor houses...

      -Kat Ferneley