Re: Purple Heart Bow

  • erik_mage
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2010
      I've blown up plenty of bows. This design is a compression bow . I think this is the only reason it is still together. The forces are compressing the purple heart rather than just bending it. The Hickory back holds it together(said rather meekly). In genneral with new bows while testing - tillering I will wear a face guard. How ever once tillered to full draw they are rather stable from then on. So as unlikely as it may seem. I think this bow will hold up at least for the first day of testing.
      If I can shoot 40 arrows through it. The bow will shoot a thousand more. Then like any wood bow fatigue will eventualy set in. They don't last forever.
      ERIK'mage
      PS the hickory and black locust makes a very nice bow still not as fast as fiberglass. But plastic is not period.