Greek Fire ... again

  • Chuck Belitz
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2010
      wyrdwynd@... said, "I'm more worried about who pissed this gentlelord off,..... greek fire..???.. from a seige machine ...???"

      This "gentlelord" is not at all "pissed off." It's just that we play rough in my group.

      I appreciate the suggestions so far. But, I have a LOT of Army experience with flame throwers, flame bombs, flame tanks, flame fougasses, nuclear simulators, and other fun applications for thickened fuel. I used to mix 300 gallons at a time. I have the belief, though, that Greek Fire was, for lack of a better word, "thicker" than napalm. And, I expect that it was less volatile than napalm too. I wouldn't want to hand light a napalm projectile. So, I'm still looking for a better receipe. Or, at least, one that has been tested. Any more thoughts?
      Sir Karl
    • leaking pen

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2010

          It may have been thicker, but have no way to know.

          Also, you could completely seal the projectile/container if it was made of ceramic of a sort. Just soak the taper/fuse in the material and tie it around. When the projectile bursts, the mixture would be ignited.

          Lucien

          I do not count as a credible source.