Re: [MedievalSawdust] Greek Fire

  • AqA WyrdWynd
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3 2:11 PM
      heheh...i failling miserable okay,m,, marshmallows and sticks then...

      From: Colleen Vince <42vince@...>
      Sender: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:59:52 -0700
      To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com

      Its some sort of chemical fire.... water will just spread the fire. Better to try to smother the fire with sand.

      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Trevor Payne <littleaiden@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      I believe Greek fire become MORE combustable with the addition of water didn't it?

      bucket brigade?  No I don't think so.

      Aiden

      "Those who beat their swords into plowshares plow for those who didn't"
      --Benjamin Franklin--

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4 11:44 AM
        That sounds like red phosphorus- water will smother white phosphorus.

        Erik Baird