Re: [MedievalSawdust] Greek Fire

  • AqA WyrdWynd
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
      okay, sand buckets...

      --- On Tue, 8/3/10, Colleen Vince <42vince@...> wrote:

      From: Colleen Vince <42vince@...>
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Greek Fire
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 3:59 PM

      Its some sort of chemical fire.... water will just spread the fire. Better to try to smother the fire with sand.

      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Trevor Payne <littleaiden@...> wrote:

      I believe Greek fire become MORE combustable with the addition of water didn't it?

      bucket brigade?  No I don't think so.

      Aiden

      "Those who beat their swords into plowshares plow for those who didn't"
      --Benjamin Franklin--

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
        heheh...i failling miserable okay,m,, marshmallows and sticks then...

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
          That sounds like red phosphorus- water will smother white phosphorus.

          Erik Baird