RE: [MedievalSawdust] Greek Fire

  • Royce
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010

      I guess I’m just more concerned that there be an ABC fire extinguisher on the engine.  Greek Fire + Wood = Bad juju.

      Now, on the slightly more “doing it just because” side…

      I would go for something like Napalm (naptha flakes soaked in gas basically) or white phosphorus to re-create the effect.   Each one has its own control issues, especially the willy pete.

      Anyone else care to add more fuel to the fire?

      Bercilak

      From: Colleen Vince <42vince@...>

      Sender: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:59:52 -0700

      To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>

      ReplyTo: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com

      Its some sort of chemical fire.... water will just spread the fire. Better to try to smother the fire with sand.

      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Trevor Payne <littleaiden@...> wrote:

      I believe Greek fire become MORE combustable with the addition of water didn't it?

      bucket brigade?  No I don't think so.

      Aiden

      "Those who beat their swords into plowshares plow for those who didn't"
      --Benjamin Franklin--

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
        no it did increase just didnt sink or go out, floated

        im more worried about who pissed this gentlelord off,..... greek fire..???.. from a seige machine ...???....me thinks we need to invest in a  " Ye Ode Bucket Brigade"....

      • AqA WyrdWynd
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
          okay, sand buckets...

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
            heheh...i failling miserable okay,m,, marshmallows and sticks then...

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
              That sounds like red phosphorus- water will smother white phosphorus.

              Erik Baird