Re: [MedievalSawdust] Greek Fire

  • Colleen Vince
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
      Its some sort of chemical fire.... water will just spread the fire. Better to try to smother the fire with sand.

      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Trevor Payne <littleaiden@...> wrote:

      I believe Greek fire become MORE combustable with the addition of water didn't it?

      bucket brigade?  No I don't think so.

      Aiden

      "Those who beat their swords into plowshares plow for those who didn't"
      --Benjamin Franklin--

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
        Ooo. Glass!!
        From: Colleen Vince <42vince@...>
        Sender: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:59:52 -0700
        To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010

          I guess I’m just more concerned that there be an ABC fire extinguisher on the engine.  Greek Fire + Wood = Bad juju.

          Now, on the slightly more “doing it just because” side…

          I would go for something like Napalm (naptha flakes soaked in gas basically) or white phosphorus to re-create the effect.   Each one has its own control issues, especially the willy pete.

          Anyone else care to add more fuel to the fire?

          Bercilak

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
            no it did increase just didnt sink or go out, floated

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
              okay, sand buckets...

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
                heheh...i failling miserable okay,m,, marshmallows and sticks then...

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
                  That sounds like red phosphorus- water will smother white phosphorus.

                  Erik Baird