Re: [medievalsawdust] Roy Underhill

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
      Cool I have his books. Great man to learn something about hand tools.

      Hey Conal, how's the secret project going?

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
        Working on a coffer chair right now....
        for a thank you gift.

        Conal

        I've got soooo much to get done by
        Pennsic

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
          tell me about it. I am doing a gift of a viking bed right now. I should be
          out in the garage sanding, but, I took a break.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 21, 2002
            Hi all,
            We've been kinda quiet lately...

            I've been working on some ideas for
            a combat crossbow, and thinking about
            this year's campbed ( four poster style )

            Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
            Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
            at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
            a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
            of his books for me. ( and a picture
            with me squinting into the sun )

            They are looking for someone to head
            up the project for the building of a
            blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
            a little experience in timberframing
            and a bit more free time. I've put my
            name on the list of those to call once
            they start building it though....

            Conal

            LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
            http://launch.yahoo.com
          • Dan Baker
            Message 5 of 10 , May 22, 2002
              Nice, sounds like fun.

              Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?

              Message 6 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                ROY!...  awww, cool.   He was down in St.Louis a while back.  Didn't get to see him there either, darn.  ;-)   Some people have all the luck...

                Message 7 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                  Yes,
                  I'm bringing the loom...

                  Conal

                  --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
                  > Nice, sounds like fun.
                  >
                  > Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?
                  >

                  > >Hi all,
                  > > We've been kinda quiet lately...
                  > >
                  > >I've been working on some ideas for
                  > >a combat crossbow, and thinking about
                  > >this year's campbed ( four poster style )
                  > >
                  > > Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                  > >Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                  > >at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                  > >a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                  > >of his books for me. ( and a picture
                  > >with me squinting into the sun )
                  > >
                  > > They are looking for someone to head
                  > >up the project for the building of a
                  > >blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
                  > >a little experience in timberframing
                  > >and a bit more free time. I've put my
                  > >name on the list of those to call once
                  > >they start building it though....
                  > >

                  > > Conal

                  > >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                  > >http://launch.yahoo.com
                  > ><< underhill9.jpg >>
                  >

                  > --
                  > YIS,
                  >
                  > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
                  > Privateer to the Midrealm
                  >
                  > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
                  > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

                  LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                  http://launch.yahoo.com
                • Scott Lane
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                      Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                    Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                    at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                    a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                    of his books for me. ( and a picture
                    with me squinting into the sun )

                             Hmmm, Chrisophe was supposed to let me know when he was going to be in town...

                    Aodhfin
                  • Dan Baker
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 23, 2002
                      Very cool, I look forward to seeing it. It's only a 9 hour drive for me,
                      thought we would just day-trip it.......