Re: [MedievalSawdust] Rope bed

  • Sean Powell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2010
      Well it's not nearly as pretty as Bayard's or as historically accurate
      as Bayard's but it is done. This is a twin sized bed frame based VERY
      LOOSELY on the Byzantine rope bed. At least it functions the same way.
      Corner posts are 4x4 fir. The rails are 1.75" hand-railing (yes there
      are flats) and the head and foot boards 1x6 and 1x8. The headboard was
      added simply to keep the pillow from walling off or bumping into wet
      canvas on a rainy night. Took 100 ft of rope to lace it. I'm thinking
      about adding a boat cleat someplace inconspicuous so the tension rope
      can be easily cinched down and anchored.

      Comments and critiques welcome (warning, pictures may be large) and
      sorry about the poor background. It was dark by the time I got it laced
      together.

      Sean

      http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Eliz-Rivenstar/Seans%20Shop/?action=view¤t=Photo0371.jpg
      http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/Eliz-Rivenstar/Seans%20Shop/?action=view¤t=Photo0369.jpg