tudor house on a trailer?

  • avalonbear
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2010
      I'm not going to make it out to pensic this year but hope to next year,My lady and i can not take the heat and are looking at building a trailer to stay in that looks like a small house . Can anyone point me in the direction of any plans or pictures of what others have done.
      I'll be using the frame from a pop-up camper.
      Thanks Sandro
    • Katheline van Weye
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010
        It's interesting that you posted this because after Lilies War this year my husband and I decided that we need to make a Tudor Trailer as well. We plan to start from a flatbed trailer and then build the tiny house on top of it.

        I would recommend the book The Authentic Tudor & Stuart Dolls' House. Although it doesn't have any plans as such in it, it provides a wealth of information on how to decorate your house to give it the proper look. And if you're just putting a shell over an existing camper then you're probably more interested in decorating a facade then building a whole structure.

        We are going to look into workshop plans ourselves for building our Tudor Trailer.

        In Service,
        Katheline

        > pensic this year but hope to next year,My lady and i can not
        > take the heat and are looking at building a trailer to stay
        > in that looks like a small house . Can anyone point me in
        > the direction of any plans or pictures of what others have
        > done.
        > I'll be using the frame from a pop-up camper.
        > Thanks Sandro
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >

        >     medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Alaxandr MacLochloinn
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010
          Here a venetian
          http://www.wackyland.com/pages/phouse.htm

          and this attempt at tudor
          http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/SleepyUnicorn/Pennsic%20Homes/?start=60

          Pictures: http://www.wordfame.org
          Merchants Row: http://www.merchantsrow.org
          Youth Combat: http://youthfighters.eastkingdom.org/
          Northern Lights A&S: http://scanorthernlights.org/
          Shire of Mountain Freehold: http://mountainfreehold.org

        • conradh@efn.org
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010
            On Sun, July 25, 2010 9:44 pm, avalonbear wrote:
            > I'm not going to make it out to pensic this year but hope to next year,My
            > lady and i can not take the heat and are looking at building a trailer to
            > stay in that looks like a small house . Can anyone point me in the
            > direction of any plans or pictures of what others have done. I'll be using
            > the frame from a pop-up camper. Thanks Sandro

            Check out a nice one at:

            http://www.maryostler.com/2009/02/tudor-house-trailer-past-works/

            Mary has a wonderful site full of all kinds of other great projects
            too--highly recommended!

            Ulfhedinn
          • Colleen Vince
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010
              You beat me to it Ulfhedinn... Thank you

              --
              Mary Ostler
              Apprentice to Mistress Agnes Cresewyke
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010
                There's a wonderful thread in the Armour Archive detailing Sir Gaston's (of Caid) new house.

                The URL is http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112281&highlight=

                For the record, Sir Gaston (mundanely Chris Gilman) owns a prop-shop in Hollywood called Global Effects, and makes lots of cool stuff for movies. If you saw "Haunted Mansion," you saw lots of his armour in the hallways. If you saw "Firefly," you saw some of his space suits. If you saw HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon," you saw more of his spacesuits. If you watch "Bones," you've probably seen some of his corpses. If you saw Coppola's "Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'", you saw his red bat armour on Vlad. And so on.

                Sir Gaston has made good use of his prop-making skills, and made a Pennsic home that, frankly, looks better than MY home. The bastige.

                Check out that thread.

                Effingham
              • Liedtke Goetz
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010
                Here's the mobile house I'm drooling over at the moment.  #307 on http://www.idahomotorpool.com.  With dual slides.

                Message 8 of 9 , Jul 26, 2010

                  I see why, but I have a hard time seeing that turned Tudor...lol

                  />
                  //
                  (///////[0]=============================================-
                  \\
                  \>
                  James Riley(AKA) Bear

                  Those who trade liberty for a little, temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin

                  />
                  //
                  (///////[0]=============================================-
                  \\
                  \>

                  The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments may be privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have recieved this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.

                  To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
                  From: goetzliedtke@...
                  Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:31:53 -0700
                  Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] tudor house on a trailer? [2 Attachments]

                  [Attachment(s) from Liedtke Goetz included below]
                  Here's the mobile house I'm drooling over at the moment.  #307 on http://www.idahomot orpool.com.  With dual slides.

                  _,_._,___

                • AqA WyrdWynd
                  Message 9 of 9 , Jul 27, 2010
                    i dont and i will have the nesscary blind eye to the cab though ...

                    a thought though < a tubing frame that would be proped out over the cab and hood of verhichle like  a suspended shower  curtain rod witha cheap but carefully designed faced curtain that falls to the ground will do it >

                    From: goetzliedtke@...
                    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:31:53 -0700