Re: Finish for red oak and pine, also bed documentation

  • Broom
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2010
      D'vorah bint al-Attar wrote:

      > I've heard enough good things about tung oil that I decided to use some to finish the wooden stems of some ceramic goblets I made. One coat, two, even three, and they're beautiful (more coats = more shine and longer protection). It doesn't take long to do or to dry (overnight), and since it's furniture, it doesn't have to be food safe. You

      Tung oil is food-safe once it dries.

      www.refinishfurniture.com/tung_oil_finish.htm

      ' | Broom IAmBroom @ gmail . com
      ' | cellphone: 412-389-1997
      ' | 9370 Shadduck Rd, McKean, PA 16426
      ' | "Discere et docere", which means:
      '\|/ "No nation was ever so virtuous as each believes itself, and none
      '/|\ was ever so wicked as each believes the other."
      //|\\ - Bertrand Russell