Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Windows Wooden Wallpaper

  • Electric Wolf
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 14, 2010
      Or just don't choose the 'stretch' option when setting it as your wallpaper.  :)

      IR Geek...

      --
      David "Volk'abe" Mc.
      Nullum beneficium inpune stat.

      On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:22 AM, leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:

      No special display issue or format.  Your image is taller than it is wide.  Therefore, it will be streeeeeeetched out on widescreen monitors, which are in the majority these days. So, anyone with a laptop, anyone with a widescreen lcd.

      Alex

      On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 5:15 AM, sirtsclan <sirtsclan@...> wrote:

      Alex,

      Since I enjoy heraldry graphics so much, your post has my interest and something to think about. Your widescreen display may being giving you an image of the world you've adjusted to over time. Every other PC should display the graphic properly.

      This is where I do all my testing and we can see what might be the issue. Come here to discuss and I'll see what other advice might work:

      I may even learn about your special display format.

      Thanks for the comment.

      Gary
      ________

      hmmm, seems formatted for older monitors, not laptop or widescreen. Ahh well, looks good. Alex

      On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 4:25 AM, sirtsclan <sirtsclan@...> wrote:

      Here's a Medieval Windows wallpaper to enjoy:

      http://www.divshare.com/download/11998305-c39

      Windows will see this JPG file if directed to the folder/directory where the download is located. Otherwise convert to a BMP with a photo program. If downloading to the desktop copy the icon and paste to any file then lead the wallpaper search there.

      Gary

    • AqA WyrdWynd
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 14, 2010
        joined cant wait you have a talent i want to see more of..

        pete

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • leaking pen

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2010
            LeakingPen,

            Wallpaper is a generic description. Real wallpaper has patterns few want displayed on their desktop (on the desk?) but wallpaper more fits any portion of the screen. Well, something to think about anyway.

            Posted the "stretch" setting in the testing forum.

            You have a great forum.

            Thanks,

            Gary
            _________

            Yeah, but then its not wallpaper, its, picture hanging out in the background. Maybe I'm weird that way, I've never liked centered background pictures.
          • Abrahe çaragoça
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 14, 2010
              qThanks for the wallpaper.  Looks great.

              Abrahe

              On 7/14/2010 4:25 AM, sirtsclan wrote:

              Here's a Medieval Windows wallpaper to enjoy:

              http://www.divshare.com/download/11998305-c39

              Windows will see this JPG file if directed to the folder/directory where the download is located. Otherwise convert to a BMP with a photo program. If downloading to the desktop copy the icon and paste to any file then lead the wallpaper search there.

              Gary

              --
              Abrahe berengarii de girona

              Lealtad me Ata,

              Senyor Abrahe çaragoça
              Pron: Ah-brā Sair-uh-go-sa

              Or, on a fess dovetailed gules a drawknife Or

              MKA:  Joel G. Viney

              Aprentice à Mistress Isolde de la Vielle a Roue

              abrahe@...
              Chronicler, Blatha an Oir, An Tir

              Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

              This e-mail made with 100% Recycled Electrons
              Reclaim Your Inbox!

            • sirtsclan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 15, 2010
                Glad it was appreciated.