Re: [MedievalSawdust] Standebuch illustrations--furniture index!

  • conradh@efn.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 13 KB
    On Fri, July 2, 2010 8:22 am, Bill Schongar (bschonga) wrote:
    > I'm betting other folks knew this already, but all the illustrations
    > from Jost Amman's 'Standebuch' appear to be online, many stored in
    > Wikimedia.
    >

    > Here's a link to one index I found:
    >

    > http://www.larsdatter.com/standebuch.htm

    Thank you for that online reference! I had never hunted one up, and
    having one will be handy.

    Using my hard copy (Dover reprint) I compiled an index a few years ago, of
    all the furniture-related information I could dig out of those
    illustrations. Many of them are just useful details from the rooms of
    workers in materials other than wood.

    I'm attaching a copy of my index, hopefully it can save someone some time.

    Ulfhedinn
  • Helen Schultz
    Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2010
      You just go to:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/medievalsawdust/  and then click on the Files menu to the far left of the screen.  From there, you can Create a Folder, Add a File, etc.  If you don't already have your own folder, you could make one to put your file into.  Or, you could just load the file on its own (that would be Add a File).

      ~~ Katarina Helene