ottoman chairs

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
      looking for information on ottoman chairs/thrones, anyone got any links or pics?

      -Rhys

      --
      ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2010
        One like this?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2010
          Brilliant! I could have choked laughing! Vivat, Excellency.

          > One like this?
          >
          > Ottoman
          > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          >
          > Aude Aliquid Dignum
          > ' Dare Something Worthy '
          >

          > ________________________________

        • RuthT
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
            I don't have any pix taken of it, but I own a real antique one.

            dark-stained (?) wood
            Tons of Mother-of-pearl inlay, coveing it, in the form of flower petals.
            Each is encased in flattened silver, and held in place with rosin in the carved out inset area made for each piece.

            Many of the pearl pieces have been lost over the course of time, but it has So Many, that the lost ones are hardly noticable/wort dweling over.

            I can't get/post a pix for awhile, as the chair is in high and dry storage, until I can Finally finish the inside of the Middle Eastern Library building here, that it will be permanently installed in here, as my Personal library chair (Hastar has his own,....a reproduction, Savonarola chair,......to flank the fireplace and we have camel saddles for foot stools........my library is gonna be SO COOL !!!!
            - Shara

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Dan Baker <LordRhys@...> wrote:

            > looking for information on ottoman chairs/thrones, anyone got any links or
            > pics?
            >
            > -Rhys
            >
            > --

          • h.ann64
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1 1:56 PM
              Hi Shara,

              I'm interested in your camel saddles, are they authentic and do you have any pics? We are making three for our group. As we are traders travelling through Armenia 12th century, we thought we should have pack saddles and then decided on camel saddles. We will use them as seats. I'm interested in how yours are dressed. We are just going to lay sheep skins over them to sit on. It is a bit hard to get authentic information on them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

              Yours,

              Ann