Re: [MedievalSawdust] Portable Period Pieces

  • powell.sean@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 2, 2010
      I don't think I would make this dining table sized. Dining table have to support a fair amount of weight. This table is great for displaying maps in the field or other light duty applications. Increasing it in size would (in my opinion) tend to make it ungainly and potentially too easy to knock over. Also the top would have to be made from inconveniently wide boards or include multiple fold points.

      A better choice might be a pair of 3 legged saw-horses and planks of appropriate size. Documentable over a VERY wide range of dates, can be dismantled for transport, more stable on rough terrain and very capable of supporting a full dinner load.

      Now this design could easily be adapted from the folding 2-board top to a folding peri-oid octagonal poker table with inset chip-troughs and little cork pocket for holding mugs of mead (or a hole for horns of mead) Now that is about the right weight/size for this leg design... Damn it! Another project on the list. :/ :)

      Sean

      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 5, 2010
        Of all the possible purposes I co sidered - that wasn't one of them.

        You learn something new every day (if not, what's the point of getting out of bed).

        Sent from my iPhone