Portable Period Pieces

  • Robert Capozello
    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 2, 2010
      Just FYI, if someone is looking for a perfectly period folding table that is cheap and relatively easy to make, I have some documentation on my website for (what I term) a period "TV Tray" design.  I've downsized from the original piece - it was 3' x 5' - to a more managable 2' x 3'.  This way I can stack two tables into a space that is 2'w x 3'l x 10"h.  They will fit easily into the trunks of most cars.  Made out of red oak or similar sturdy hardwood, they can easily support 50-75lbs of stuff.  The weight limit is more a function of the chains and hooks.

      Enjoy!

      -- Marcellus

    • O B Livion
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 5, 2010
        Of all the possible purposes I co sidered - that wasn't one of them.

        You learn something new every day (if not, what's the point of getting out of bed).

        Sent from my iPhone