Re: [MedievalSawdust] Glastonbury Chairs - Thoughts

    Message 1 of 75 , May 28, 2010
      Where are you, Seigfried?

      From: Siegfried <siegfried@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, May 28, 2010 2:42:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Glastonbury Chairs - Thoughts

      I can, on occasion, find some amazing fir at home depot/lowes around me.
      Dense, straight grained, a reddish color ... usually 2x6 or 2x8

      Nice stuff, cheap, and perfect for 'camp quality stuff'.

      You have to pick through the bins, and be willing to walk away and come
      back a couple weeks later.

      Poplar would work great, but has the "paint it or else live w/ the green
      color" issue.

      And when you go above poplar in quality wood, the price skyrockets
      around here. Although a set of Bloodwood Gastonbury chairs would look
      AWESOME. (/me listens to the groaning of those screaming about making
      medieval style items in non-medieval wood --- but come on ... it would
      be gorgeous, you have to admit)

      Siegfried - Who wishes he had access to the magical Southern Yellow Pine
      that those down south swear by.

      On 5/28/10 1:25 PM, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:

      > Poplar..... not sure about fir....
      >

      > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

    • O B Livion
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 5 5:36 PM
        Of all the possible purposes I co sidered - that wasn't one of them.

        You learn something new every day (if not, what's the point of getting out of bed).

        Sent from my iPhone