Re: [MedievalSawdust] Forges on the cheap

  • Laura Iseman
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2010
      I did make the lock. It is a bit dodgy as springs were beyond my scope at the time and so it doesn't always stay locked (or worse, unlocked 8->) when vibrated as on a long car trip. But as a first effort I am very proud of it.

      Miriam

      On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:

      you made a lock?

      cool.

      do not belittle your work.

      looks good.

      --
      Agite primo recte! Nihil igitur durat tamquam enodatia brevis at satis.
      (Do it right the first time, because nothing is so permanent as a temporary solution that works)

    • Clay
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2010
        Good work on the chest. Making springs for the period locks and be a pain depending on the lock.If you plan on making another a some point save you old hacksaw blades. They make great springs. If you need any help makeing another let me know and ill do what i can to help. Ive made a few.

        Clay