Sweedish Bench

  • Joseph Hayes
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002
      Although I messed up on the age (it's early 12th century), here's the
      pictures of the Sweedish bench and original text (in German) from
      "M�bel Europas" Volume 1 by Franz Windisch-Graetz:

      http://www.midrealm.org/ballaeban/ulrich/ans/bench01.jpg
      http://www.midrealm.org/ballaeban/ulrich/ans/bench02.jpg
      http://www.midrealm.org/ballaeban/ulrich/ans/bench03.jpg

      The first sentence of the text:

      "Bank. Kungsara Kirche. V�stmanland, Schweden. Anfang 12. Jh.
      Vornehmlich Tannen-, auch Geschnitzte."

      translates as:

      Bench. Kungsara Church. V�stmanland, Sweeden. Beginning of 12th
      century. Primarily firs, also carving.

      Have fun,
      Ulrich

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002
        Could you put copies in the group's
        photo album area?

        =====

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • jrwinkler@msn.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002

          Mobel Europas rocks...  after having having been teased by a glimpse at volume 1 at a ValDay event I went in search of...    If ya' want a copy yer' gonna' have either have deep pockets or get really lucky... my copy (Vol 1 & 2) cost a small fortune... probably the most expensive books in my library!

          Some great stuff in there though... particularly if yer' gettin' really bored with all that English stuff and are looking for some signs that there were other cultures out there besides Late German, English (anytime) and Italian Ren...  ;-)