Re: [MedievalSawdust] I hope

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 9:30 AM
      pictures would help...

      From: aksham_dobie <aksham_dobie@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, April 18, 2010 11:31:35 AM
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] I hope

      aomeone has an idea on a dilema that aparently no one that I ask know how to reply to.

      I have 6 edinningroom chairs. Beautifuly carved, flowers and leave on the back rest, they are yellow-orange almost in color. By aparence they may be Victorian. The tag on the bottom said they were re-uppostered 1947. They are heavy like made of solid oak,I just love them, then one leg had broken off and to my amazement IT IS NOT A WOOD, to touch the material is almost like a fine sand ??!!

      I have never heard of such a thing much less seen it. The woodshop that does costumer design things did not have a clue as to what it is.

      The question is; what are they made off, and
      how to fix it..

      The chairs are apsolutely beautiful, the flowers are painted and so are the leaves on it. The front legs are also carved...

      Does any one have any idea what I have. I got those chairs in Chicago somewhere in 1980 from a antique shop.

      regards, helen