Re: RE: [medievalsawdust] Viking Oarsman's Chest

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 19, 2003
      Even a Dane on a viking knows that copper and iron do not work well
      together. Tin and copper(as in boiling pots) and Tin and steel(old milk
      cans) work. Copper and iron corrode each other. In modern plumbing you
      have to separrate(sp) the two with bronze or plastic. On the other hand I
      just pulled copper nails out of steel hardward on a turn of the Other
      Century camel back trunk(ie: chest).

      James Cunningham