A Pilot Program at Gulf Wars -- Way Cool

  • Helen Schultz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010

      A couple folks are spearheading a "journeyman" program in Artisan's Row this year.  There's a meeting on it Monday morning (Mar 15th at 11am) for those interested.

      This a pilot/shake-down year, but what is planned for it so far is:

      ~ Journeyman candidates commit to at least 4 hours per day for 4 days of war in a single area. More time is always welcome. All hours would be considered volunteer hours.

      ~ They would "Shadow" the Area coordinator in his/her duties, getting to know what A/R coordinators do.

      ~ They will learn about the arts that happen in that area (especially if they are a novice in that/those arts).

      ~ They would participate in a special "journeyman project" over the course of the week. For textiles wet, this might be the creation of a 'dye log' for example. For woodworking, this might be the creation of a wood block and printing from it. For textiles, this might be a start to finish project (wool to cloth, or cloth to  garment/pillow), etc. Projects are negotiable between coordinator and journeyman.  They would, of course, get to keep their project.

      ~ They would get a special "journeyman" gift at the end of war. [possibly a baldric or token that they could wear to identify them as journeymen.]

      ~ They would rack up experience we consider important in a person wanting to coordinate an area, or run an A/R area at another event.

      ~~ Katarina Helene
      (Midrealm)
    • Jim Looper
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
        Wish I was going. That sounds like an incredible experience!

        Lucien

        I do not count as a credible source.