Re: [MedievalSawdust] Curved

  • Electric Wolf
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2010
      Thank you both.  Fortunately it's going to be the table part of a folding workbench I found online so it should serve that purpose well enough and if all else fails it wasn't all that expensive and the store is only a few blocks away.
      This will at least let me put away the plastic folding table I have been using.  :)

      On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM, leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:

      what he said.  A dogleg in a stud is a dogleg in a stud.  You could nail that sucker straight as part of a house, and it will slowly bend the whole wall to match. (Been there, done that, man that was a pain to tear down and rebuild)

      On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Dan Baker <LordRhys@...> wrote:

      Sorry friend, but it's just going to bend again, best to go down and buy a straight one.

      -Rhys

      On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Electric Wolf <elecwolf@...> wrote:

      How long should I clamp down a board to get it to straighten out?
      It's 8'x2"x4". Not sure what kind of wood, just says 'common stud'.

      David "Wolf" Mc.

      --
      ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>

      --
      David "Wolf" Mc.
      Nullum beneficium inpune stat.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2010
        if the warp/curve is small enough you could, in theory
        re-cut the board so that it is straight....but it will not be
        a '2x4' after that.

        or since it is a 2x4 you could spend the $4 and
        get a straight one.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2010
          I'll echo the call to use another board. It's not worth the trouble it may cause. Spend the $3.98 for a new straight one & cut this one up into short pieces for other parts.