Re: [MedievalSawdust] Starting out - arms

  • AqA WyrdWynd
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 14, 2010
      nah...boomerrang hamsters...they hang about my noggin

      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 16, 2010
        This is the second place I've seen someone sign off with yodeling hamsters.
        Is there a reference here that is getting past me?

        Why the large, pink declaration of it?  Does it have anything to do with a Gay Pride Parade?
        Herr Thomas von Holthausen
        Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/eastkingdo m

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 16, 2010
          1. Did you bind the edge in any way?  I can't tell from picture.

          2. Maybe I could tell from picture, if I could figure out how to get it larger.  Can anyone help?

          3. How does one go about posting to the list with attachment on the site as several messages have done recently?

          Thanks all, for having this open and ongoing conversation, for helping people new to woodworking, for explaining how to participate for your elders who don't have lots of folks around to ask how these web things are usually done.

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 16, 2010
            visability, yet not intrusive as blue or green brites, earthtones didnt cut it...and im the only one its my creation, im on medival encampment and medival trivia also

            i  gonna thank you too for sending this file

            pete/taal

          • Chris

              While there are many way yo do this, I'd use 3/4" (softwood) plywood. Cut, prime it, and paint it. Ensure that u prime & paint the edges, as this is where moisture will attack.

              Size 24" x 36". (2 x 3)
              Measure 18" down on each side; these are the static points of your string compass
              Use a string compass 24" radius, I.e. shield width, to draw your heater shape
              cut, (drill hanger holes if necessary), prime, paint

              MJR

            • Thomas von Holthausen
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 16, 2010
                Did something similar with my second shield, a kite.  Had half inch aluminum channel material and nailed it in place, bending as I went.  Did not think to rough up and paint with field color.  Must have done painting before adding banding.  Eventually got tired of having trouble with round base and cut a tuna can in half to hold in place and keep water out of base.  Very sturdy, but don't  look too closely.